ALGEBRA IMPORTANT FORMULAS
1. The basic relationship between zeros and coefficients of a quadratic polynomial a
x2+ bx + c = 0 are,
2. Division algorithm :
3. Factorization using synthetic division :
4. The product of LCM and GCD of any two polynomials is equal to the product of the
5. Multiplication and division of rational expressions
6. Addition and subtraction of rational expressions
7. Let a∈R be a non negative real number. A square root of a, is a real number b such
8. A quadratic equation in the variable x is of the form ax2 + bx2 + c = 0 , where a,b,c are real numbers and a <> 0.
9. A quadratic equation can be solved by (i) the method of factorization (ii) the method
of completing square (iii) using a quadratic formula.
provided b2- 4ac >= 0
11. A quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0 has
(i) two distinct real roots if b2- 4ac > 0
(ii) two equal roots if b2- 4ac = 0
(iii) no real roots if b2- 4ac < 0.
SAMACHEER KALVI 10th STD Math Chapter “ALGEBRA” formula’s in doc format from below link…